Our brief was to produce a film that would “secure profile at an event, create media opportunities and provide reasons to engage with stakeholders.” The film should also “showcase the work undertaken in the previous year, demonstrate the pace at which progress is being made and highlight future next steps and priorities”. We were delighted that our partners at UGC felt that this is what we achieved!
- Animation Video animation brings your films and brand to life. From simple logo animations and bespoke lower thirds to rotoscoping and full animated shorts, our animation director will pull out all the stops to make sure your video really sings. Working closely with you we will produce storyboards, still frames and detailed mock-ups to ensure you are totally happy prior to adding movement to your animation.
- Corporate Video Corporate video can be creative, exciting and versatile too. Our creative flair and thorough production processes ensure that key messages are captured and showcased in a tone and style suited to your brand. Even if you’re not quite sure what kind of video you want to make, or precisely what messages will fit in to that 90 second video, we have the skills and experience to guide and support you at every step. We love responding to briefs requiring our creative services and we’re equally at home translating our clients’ clear ideas into spectacular films. Have a look at the case studies below to get an idea of the kind of content we could create for you!
- Events Video is a fantastic way to ensure your event extends beyond the reach of your physical audience. Our team are able to cover everything from concerts, conferences, seminars, graduation ceremonies, festivals and live music. Expertly created videos of your event will help connect your audiences and help you to develop an online presence that will make you stand out from the competition. Video is an excellent marketing tool that can encourage participation or ticket sales at your next event. Have a look at some of our case studies below to see how we can help you connect with your target audience.
- Live Video Streaming We Love Live! There’s nothing quite like the buzz of a live event to get adrenaline flowing. The success of our live video streaming lies in our methodical approach and meticulous planning. We always liaise with lighting technicians and venue staff to ensure that your content looks as good on screen as it does to the naked eye inside the venue. And we recce every venue to enable us to plan and prepare for the live video shoot. Live video streaming can be technically complex and require a lot of patience to set up, but we have the experience and expertise to ensure your live video streaming goes smoothly.
- Promotional Trying to promote your latest charity event to a new target group? Hoping to increase interest in your advocacy campaign? Selling to an already-interested crowd? We are an end to end business. This means that if you need it, we can support you from initial ideas about what you want the video to include, to the final product and the best ways to promote it online or broadcast. We have supported organisations to promote national fundraising campaigns. We have made films to promote England itself as a visitor destination, and we have created successful local campaigns for small businesses wanting to reach a higher percentage of their market. Understanding your ethos, dreams and needs is key to our approach to promotional videos – making sure we get under the skin of your organisation, working like an in-house team, to achieve the best on-screen content for you.
- Recruitment We’ve built up quite a reputation for our ability to support public and private sector organisations to promote themselves to the job market. A great video can capture the culture of an organisation and help promote this to a prospective candidate. We make great videos that will showcase your values, get the best out of your staff contributors and generally reflect the ethos of your approach, style and spaces. We’re used to including information about benefits, employee experiences and details about a specific job. Just let us know what positions you are recruiting and the target market you want to attract and we’ll collaborate with you to produce stunning video to support your recruitment campaign.
FANCY WORKING WITH US? SEND US A MESSAGE AND LET'S GET STARTED.
A FILM TO ENGAGE STAKEHOLDERS
We produced a high quality film as required by the client and our own stringent quality standards, on time and on budget against some tough deadlines. We followed our tried and tested pre-production, filming and post-production workflows to provide a positive and collaborative experience for our client, our client’s partners and the contributors featured in the films. We are particularly proud that we animated all the graphical assets and combined them with complimentary use of archive material, creating a slick and engaging film that was very well received at MPIM 2018 . The feedback we received from Claire Barker at UGC speaks for itself, and is testament to our positive and professional attitude, the professional quality of our video products and our work ethic:
“HTF have been great to work with. Great interpretation of brief, appropriately challenging, attentive to detail, creative, sense of humour and ability to withstand freezing temperatures while filming. Thanks!”
The film was used on their website and our advice on cutting the length for social media (and our execution of this) enabled good traction on the main channels used to promote the Urban Growth Company.
How we achieved success
Tried and tested project management processes / / Our approach is based on a standardised, streamlined workflow to ensure efficiency, but flexible enough to ensure we’re focusing our creative attention on our client’s needs. For the UGC film we devised a script and storyboard from the key messages received from the client. This is a crucial part of our process because it enables our clients to see, visually, our proposal for how the film will flow – the story it will tell. It’s a tangible way to talk through anything that needs changing or enhancing, and getting sign off at this stage means we can all proceed with confidence that we’re going to be filming the right subjects in the right places, and saying the right things. The storyboard is the key document that drives all the other planning and scheduling – from location details, to liaising with contributors about their input, to the equipment we will need to execute the vision. This is all part of our risk reduction strategy to ensure clarity of purpose and delivery on time and on budget. (See App 8b. HTF Media UGC Solihull Storyboard)
Expertise in specialist videography for broadcast quality films / / We enjoy combining the specialist forms of videography that we have built over the years into our offer, and the UGC film showcases our excellent motion graphic design credentials enabling the audience to picture the scale and scope of UGC plans. This is something that we would combine with our experience in drone filming for UK Central, to ensure we convey the scale of growth and development across the entire UK Central area. We are particularly skilled at ensuring the different specialist forms of videography integrate well, despite differences in situation, original quality (in the case of archive material), natural lighting, or subject matter. We achieved this in the UGC project (and other examples provided for this tender document) through our four quality tests which are focused on people and equipment: very high quality video equipment and camera operatives; excellent lighting and sound set-up during production; highly experienced and efficient animation producers; and expert post-production staff, in both editing and final grading. These production features ensure broadcast quality films as standard, whatever the brief. All four were set out during the planning stage of the UGC film, and the same process and standards will be employed for UK Central.
Meeting the needs of identified audiences / / A crucial part of our expertise is being able to support our clients with our wordsmithing and story-crafting to complement our exceptional visuals, to communicate effectively with the client’s identified audiences. This was evident in the UGC film as we took a very broad subject area and condensed it down considerably, but without diluting the message. The information and key messages provided by the client were too much for the desired film length so we incorporated our script-writing offer into the pre-planning stage, and this meant that contributors could be guided/directed as necessary and we could check with our client if the focus and feel of the intended content prior to filming was appropriate. Finally, and most importantly, we could ensure that the right messages were conveyed effectively, in words and pictures, for the specific audiences.